Saturday, September 3, 2011

Andy Murray v Feliciano Lopez - US Open 2011 live


You can bet on the US Open 2011 live in-play at bet365
Live Tennis Staff - 3 Sep 2011

Murray knows he's extremely lucky to still be in the competition after finding himself two sets down on Friday against an inspired Robin Haase. Murray looked listless and he appeared lost for answers to Haase's hitting but the Dutchman's fitness failed him and the fourth seed was able to pull through 6-2, 6-0, 6-4.
Andy Murray has a tough task against Feliciano Lopez on day seven of the 2011 US Open.

He will need to raise his game to stay in the competition against the experienced Lopez who has been enjoying a superb season, reaching the Wimbledon quarter-finals and inspiring Spain to a thrilling Davis Cup win over the United States.

"I'm going to need to play better on Sunday or I'll be going home," Murray said. "You know, you can't come through four or five matches like that.  You know, I'm going to need to play better, for sure.  Physically I'm good.  I feel fine.  No pain or aches or anything.  So that's a huge positive."

The good news for Murray is that he loves playing left-handers largely because their favourite lines of attack lead right into his strength - the double-handed backhand. He has a great record against Lopez, winning all five of their career matches and 6-3, 6-4, 6-4 at Wimbledon earlier this year.    

"Well, I think I have to play aggressive, no?  If you want to beat one of these players on the top four, you have to be aggressive and you have to really go for it," Lopez said. "I mean, I'm not going to beat Andy playing from the baseline and waiting for him to miss.  I have to be really aggressive, to play my game, and to believe.  This is what I have to do, I think."